Garry Hodgson

RICS is the world's leading professional body for qualifications and standards in land, property and construction.

As people, governments, banks and commercial organisations continue to demand more assurance of certified standards and ethics, attaining RICS status is the recognised mark of property professionalism.

Read More



A Chartered Architectural Technologist applies the science of architecture and specialises in the technology of building design and construction. A Chartered Architectural Technologist (MCIAT) has demonstrated competence as a specialist in building design and construction and can undertake a building project from inception through to final completion.


The service I provide is to guide the client through the various stages of the project from:


Most projects generally start off with a client meeting to discuss and assess the needs in order to agree as project brief. This often includes identifying possible options, expenditure limits and timescale for the completion of the works.


Fixed fees are usually quoted for work from inception through to construction drawings, specification writing and onto local authority submissions. Thereafter, for work involved in the inspection of buildings, fees are based upon an agreed hourly rate.


Many building projects call for specialist advice from other professionals working in the construction industry such as a structural engineer, quantity surveyor, an energy consultant, and a planning supervision / CDM co-ordinator. The need for any additional specialist work will be determined on an individual project basis.



07879 065742  or

01207 590424



7 Carnoustie Close,


Co Durham.

DH8 5XQ.



“Architecture starts when you carefully put two bricks together. There it begins.”

-Ludwig van de Roche. German Born American Architect.